The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate, Information and Technology Department, Business Services Department, Risk Management and BBP Division at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Head of IT Applications - Credit Risk Unit*. This is a full time position at grade 5/6.
*Internally referring to: Unit Head – IT Applications.
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
In this role, you will manage and drive the development, implementation and maintenance of several software solutions supporting credit risk management (regulatory and economical risk) and manage a team of 5 IT Application Officers and 15+ consultants.
You will ensure that the activities required for the Bank’s compliance to applicable regulatory and legal requirements can be performed consistently and accurately. This requires the digitalisation of existing or new processes, the implementation of new solutions, as well as the adaptation and maintenance of existing systems to support regulatory evolutions and internal credit risk control needs. The unit is in charge of financial packages: Moody’s RiskAuthority, MSCI CreditMetrics, as well as in-house developed applications leveraging Java, Python (anaconda platform) and Data virtualization (Denodo).
You will report directly to the Head of the Risk Management and Best Banking Practices Division within the IT Department.
- Ensure that staff within the unit has the right competencies, objectives and motivation to realise the overall IT strategy
- Provide coaching and support to team members to improve their capabilities, increase the efficiency and quality of the work carried out by the unit
- In collaboration with business experts and external consultants, steer the whole software lifecycle process, including the project roadmap, the requirement analysis, design, implementation, testing, integration and maintenance
- Proactively propose ideas to develop new technical solutions and participate in the choice of appropriate new IT solutions (e.g. acquisition of packages and/or development of internal programs) in the credit risk area
- Contribute to developing and communicating strategies, policies and procedures and ensure the application of the necessary processes, procedures, IT standards, methodologies and working tools
- Define, manage and be accountable for the unit’s budget
- Ensure high quality specialist advice to clients on application systems and on operational and functional problems
- Manage external suppliers
- University degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 5 years’ of relevant experience in the management of projects and applications in a mixed IT / business environment
- Experience with one or more risk management solutions (in-house developed or package)
- Good knowledge of credit risk management techniques and financial instruments
- Deep understanding of IT project management and Agile techniques in the implementation of software solutions (Project Management Certification, either Prince2 or PMP/PMI or Agile certification would be an advantage)
- Experience or proven ability in managing or coaching people, ideally in multicultural environment or international organisations
- Knowledge of the European regulations applying to credit risk (Basel III, SREP) would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of software development and integration techniques
- Experience in managing of budgets and IT services contracts
- Excellent command of English and/or French (*).
Find out more about EIB core and managerial competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Apply now by using the 'Apply' button.
Deadline for applications: 2nd December 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.