A Healthcare Start Up based in New York City is seeking a Remote Software Engineer to join their Backend Engineering team. Candidates should have strong experience in Node.JS.
Pager delivers to "doctor in your family" healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors and other members of the care team together through text, voice and video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services and solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes and healthier lives. Started in 2014 and based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology and healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare. We are looking for skilled Software Engineers in Colombia to work with our company REMOTELY.
Pager is hiring a Remote Senior Software Engineer to develop backend solutions for our suite of mobile and web-based products. The ideal candidate's prior work experience reflects high standards for engineering with proven capabilities. The candidate possesses the ability to take on important business challenges and execute them with precision and quality.
- Analyze challenging problems and successfully deliver results
- Increase test coverage via unit tests and integration tests
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- BA / BS degree, preferably in a technical field (Computer Science, IT, etc) or equivalent practical experience
- At least 2 years of recent experience with Node.js
- Experience with databases such as MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL, DynamoDB etc.
- Experience with messaging (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Meaningful, real-world experience with any other of the following: Go, Python, Ruby, Java, or similar
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges
- Experience with hapi.js is a plus
- Node.js, Python, Go
- Native iOS and Android
- React, Vue.js, ember.js
- Mongo, Postgres, Redis
- Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Google Cloud
- New Relic, Sentry, Pagerduty
- Microservice architecture
- Open source
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.