About Getinge: Saving lives is – without question – the greatest job in the world. Everything we do from architectural planning to the equipment, therapies and solutions aim to secure the safest and most reliable care. As a partner for integrated medtech solutions, Getinge provides innovations for operating rooms, intensive-care units, sterilization departments and for life science companies and institutions. Getinge was founded in 1904. It has grown to become a global market leader in the medical device industry in many segments. With their headquarters in Göteborg (Sweden) it currently generates sales of more than 3 billion USD. It is present in over 40 countries and employs more than 15000 professionals. A career at Getinge Group offers a dynamic, international environment with a market leading company where you can learn, grow and thrive whilst passionately contributing to sustainable healthcare. Working for Getinge is much more than a job – we offer a career that matters! The culture can best be described as entrepreneurial and hands-on. VITRU, HR Consultancy & Executive Recruitment EMEA is exclusively assisting Getinge to recruit the best candidate for this crucial position.
Your Role as HR Director Dach:
As HR Director Dach (Germany, Austria and Switzerland), you will be part of the Dach Leadership Team and report directly to the VP HR EMEA. You will have full responsibility for all HR team members (20FTE) and HR responsibility for around 2000 employees. The employees are situated in 2 manufacturing sites and a HQ with multiple functions like: Finance, Regulatory, Quality, Supply Chain, Sales & Marketing and Legal.
As there are manufacturing sites, a good understanding and experience of Trade Unions environment and works council is a must. In addition, experience and understanding of the “IG Metal” Trade Union is a big plus. The main location of this role is in Rastatt with occasional travel in the Dach area but also to other locations in the EMEA region. Working from home from time to time can be discussed. We ask for candidates with experience in other organisations than just German based, experience in a corporate HR role and comparable industries is an advantage. We are looking for a great leader with influencing skills, corporate HR experience and implementing management skills. You should be fluent in English as well as a great people manager and team player.
HR Director Dach Responsibilities:
- Manages and supervises an HR organization of more than 20 managers and employees, including staffing, training, coaching, mentoring and disciplinary action.
- Strategic and tactical HR business leadership on local and regional level.
- Ensures that all HR activities are in line with legislation, compliance, quality, best practice and business requirements as well as company policies.
- Leads, develops and implements all restructuring and /or mergers and acquisition projects in the HR area for DACH (all Getinge Group areas).
- Provides professional advice to management on matters related to Human Resources and participate in meetings with management, boards, works council and Unions.
- Assures assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget; perform cost control activities; monitor revenues and expenditures in assigned area to assure sound fiscal control.
- Acts as first point of contact towards local works councils.
- Provides framework for efficient and effective HR Planning, HR development, HR marketing and recruiting.
- Manages day-to-day operational issues and problems.
- Adheres to standard policies and procedures and acts as a role-model to all employees.
- Manages, motivates and directs job responsibilities of immediate staff and allocate work accordingly.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years related experience in a senior Human Resources position, serving a minimum of five of those years in a supervisory or management capacity.
- Experience working in a global matrix-organization, preferred in the industry sector.
- Broad and comprehensive understanding of theories and practices within the HR discipline.
- Strong knowledge and experience of German labour law, local law and collective agreements within the German Metal Industry (IG Metal).
- Experience in Change Management and leading transformation processes.
- Good knowledge of HR-IT systems (SAP; Successfactors) and good MS Office skills.
- Excellent English skills and German mother tongue.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, numbers driven, innovative and dynamic environment.
- Strategic thinking and creative mindset.
- Exposure to an international company culture and proficient in working with diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and organizational skills and excellent communication skills.
- Empathic, people oriented and forward thinking with a “hands-on” mentality.
- Excellent coaching skills and the ability to work effectively with both Top Management and works council.
- Strategically and tactically creative with strong implementation skills.
- Occasional travel in Europe is required (about 5-10%).
Getinge offers you a challenging position with good career prospects in a fast growing international company with competitive compensation consisting of fix, variable, company car and other benefits.
How to Apply:
If you are interested and you meet all the above requirements we are very much looking forward to meeting you! Please send your English resume via the “Apply” button to VITRU, HR Consultancy & Executive Recruitment EMEA. For more information about this position, please contact VITRU in Barcelona on +34 627 523 628.
Keywords: HR, Human Resources, Director, Management